<< Together, We Fight the Virus! >>
The Government has announced the second round of relief measures, offering grants and subsidies targeting various affected industry under the outbreak of Coronavirus.
1. Employment Support Scheme
- a. Subsidies 50% wage expense, with a maximum of HK$9,000, for 6 months;
- b. Employers must undertake that they cannot implement redundancy;
- c. First subsidy payment is proposed to be made in June 2020;
- d. Another one-off subsidy targeting industrial scheme and self-employed person under MPF to be provided.
2. Subsidies and Aids for staff learning and corporate technology applications in a few specific industries;
3. Provide one-off grants to the below “hard-hit” sectors:
- a. Tutorial schools;
- b. Service provides and suppliers for schools, e.g. catering and school buses;
- c. Registered Coach and instructor of interest classes;
- d. Private refuse collectors;
- e. Local primary producers (e.g. farmers and fishers);
- f. Exchange participants and SFC licensed individuals;
- g. Estate agency;
- h. Taxi and red minibus;
- i. Cinemas and publishing sector;
- j. Tourism industry;
- k. Construction industry;
- l. Aviation sector;
- m. Catering sector, including Karaoke, bars/pubs, nightclubs and refreshment stalls at public markets;
- n. Other sectors that were closed/ partly closed for safeguarding public health imposed by the Government.
4. Enhance the SME Financing Guarantee Scheme;
5. 20% fare deduction on MTRCL;
6. Relax the threshold of Public Transport Fare Subsidy Scheme from HK$400 to HK$200;
7. One-off interest free deferral of loan repayment for two years to students receiving loans from the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency;
8. Extend deadline for payment of tax of assessment 2018/19 by 3 months.